Saturday, December 11, 2010

"The Pros And The Cons!"


“Of course there is no formula for success except, perhaps, an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.”
                                               - Arthur Rubinstein
This semester was a flash, there’s no other way to describe it but when I reflect back to what happen between “Then and Now,” times slows down to show me that there was more to this semester than I ever expected. There was turns and twists, and nothing came to according to plan but I managed to came through. I would say that my success this semester is that as I said before.. I MADE IT! Yea I know it’s only the first semester but personally to me and to my family it is something special to know that one of us actually is trying to make it out there, I’ve been wanting to make a name for myself in my family and break boundaries while also trying not to fall on the stereotypes of Hispanics in this country. The biggest success that I had to stand myself against stereotypes was that I made in the Honors College, one of the things that I doubted at first if I should be in.




“Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years.”
                                              - Bob Brown

My failures this semester was to expect everything to go they way I wanted it, not expecting any twists or unexpected events that could affect me. From October on my semester grades went down a bit as I took a barrage of hits of unforeseen things.

No comments:

Post a Comment