Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"The Chronicles of College. The Lion, the Witch, and the Laundry?"



                                                  
Ferocious wolves that can talk, a humble Lion that knows what’s right from wrong and a Witch with the ambition to take possession of Narnia. Oh how I miss watching those kinds of movies when I was a kid, and I bet that all of us have those certain movies that just caught our imagination and took us into a world of fantasy unlike any other. As a kid I would invest a serious amount of money trying to see all these adventures movies because they sparked an adventure land everywhere I went. Of course now I’m a teenager in college and fantasy has decreased a significantly large amount but what does that say? It might be that reality’s gravity is finally hitting with full force. By spending so many hours on the TV watching cartoons and movies that only expanded my imagination it created an equal but opposite reaction as it was decreasing the hours needed for me to learn basic skills of how to take care of myself later on in life. As for example: Laundry. I’ve never done laundry on my own, in the Universe my mind with all kinds of mystical creatures cramped inside this skull, chores as basic as doing the laundry was the antagonist to the story. So it’s true that reality is cracking through my life but that’s part of growing up, and a lot of people think that growing up means that you lose the ability to have a fantasy world but that will not be the case with me as I believe that my dreams are a part of me and for them to fade away is to lose myself. It just turned out that I had to my own laundry this week; it wasn’t that bad, in fact it was almost like an adventure just as good as the stories inside my head. Reality doesn’t seem that bad.                
                                           
                                               




1 comment: